Atheism is a bad gamble.

Why gamble with your soul?

What is atheism? It is a religion that believes our universe has no god.  Atheists believe that humans evolved on earth by accident, by chance, with no intelligence responsible for the initial creation. It is a belief that cannot be proven.  Atheists have a belief and faith in a godless universe.  Atheism is in itself a religion because there is no proof backing up their belief system.

We cannot prove there is NO god.  So atheists must have “faith” in a godless universe.  How can someone be so sure there is no god without proof?  That’s where their faith comes in.  Atheists think there is no god, even without proof.  It takes an unscientific mind to go along with atheism, because to believe in atheism requires that you have no proof.  Atheism is a religion.  Logical thinkers should stay away from it, since it is scientifically unproven.

What happens if atheists turn out to be wrong?  Hell is one sobering possibility. What happens if atheists are right? Nothing. They just go to sleep forever.  It’s a losing gamble, being an atheist.  When an atheist dies, they either go to Hell or sleep forever.  That doesn’t sound good.

I was a doubter most of my life.  But, I am now a Christian. I would like to bet against Atheism.  Who wins the bet:  the Christian or the Atheist?

Well, let’s see what happens if the Christian is right.  If God exists, and because Christians believe that Jesus is the Son of God and died for our sins, then this is what happens if Christians are right:

They get the fountain of youth, powerful immortality, surrounded by perfect love with God, and they will be reunited with loved ones from this world that also believed, plus the opportunity to meet many others that came from all of the nations on Earth, minus the sin, because to be in God’s Heaven is an agreement that we will no longer sin.  Christians, if correct, also get to live on Earth again, free from government corruption and conspiracies.  And then, since they live forever, they get to explore the rest of the universe (also called “the heavens” or “heaven”) and they can take their time doing it.  No more rushing around!  Everyone that is with Christ agrees to stop sinning, so what a wonderful new home that will be, free from evil.

Who wins the bet?

Atheist Christian
Winner death and sleep forever Heaven and eternal life, surrounded by love
Loser Hell? sleep forever?

Atheists are on the wrong side of the gamble.  There is a “chance” that if atheists are wrong, they are in serious trouble!

Bad bet.

Don't be a fool.

Make a safe bet.

Our Ace

Our Ace: The Lord Jesus Christ

Peace to you.

13 Comments

1. Dennis Sadler says:

What if the Muslim is right?

2. Earl says:

Muslims cannot be right, because their religion allows sin, as I explained here:

How to Prove the Koran is NOT God’s Word

Why does that matter?

Any universe that lasts forever must be free of sin. Why? Because if a universe is given enough time with sin, then it will self-destruct. How? A black hole is one strong possibility. No way?

Yes way! Mankind has already admitted to creating tiny black holes.

Large Hadron Collider rendered a “tiny black hole” in the fabric of space

Given enough time, if there is sin (evil), then someone will find a way to destroy everything. Someone eventually could create a black hole to destroy the whole universe. The elements of the universe would melt with fervent heat, and the earth with all its works over the generations would be burned up. [2 Peter 3:10 KJV]

A universe would struggle to last forever with sin. We are being proved by God to see that we stop sinning. He is a perfectionist and requires a pure heart from those that will be admitted to the next universe (the next heaven). The future: “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away…” [Revelation 21:1 KJV].

If everyone in the universe had love in their heart, they would have no desire to create a black hole and destroy it. And anyone that loves Jesus would obey him when he tells them to not destroy the universe.

For a universe to last forever, it must have a lord with perfect love, that is all-knowing, able to protect our universe from self-destruction, as a loving father and good shepherd. That is our God and Lord Jesus Christ.

Summary: the muslim religion does not work, because their doctrine allows sin; therefor a muslim universe would have a short life and self-destruct.

3. Dennis Sadler says:

But what you’re saying is only true if you’re right about your interpretation of the Bible. Don’t you think you’re taking an awful gamble with your immortal soul?

4. Earl says:

My interpretation? Jesus taught perfect love. Have you ever read what Jesus said? Everyone: Learn the truth! Don’t believe me? Read the New Testament of the bible and see for yourself what Jesus said. Don’t rely on a preacher or any other man to read it for you. Read it yourself.

Life is like a court of law. At some point you have to weigh all the evidence and sift the lies out from the truth. Yes, I believe that Jesus was the truth based on the available evidence. There were many witnesses that saw Jesus and recorded his words and actions. The pagan religions of the world don’t have the same level of evidence. I’m placing my bet on the winner: Jesus.

For the skeptic: If I were wrong, then at least I die honorably for love instead of for hate. Jesus taught love and died for us to prove it. He never fought back. Most people agree we all have to die some day. I would rather die for Jesus and be wrong, then to die for a hateful religion and live.

Your comment is weak and disrespectful: “awful gamble” with Jesus? That comment in itself is awful and comes from the spirit of the anti-Christ. Please learn the truth before it is to late.

5. Dennis Sadler says:

“If I were wrong, then at least I die honorably for love instead of for hate.”

AND you burn in hell for not being a Muslim. Pascal’s Wager works against the religious, too.

So let me get this straight, I’m being disrespectful for suggesting you’re gambling, but it’s perfectly okay for you to suggest that I am?

I am well-acquainted with the New Testament, and with the concept of evidence. There is exactly ZERO evidence for the existence of any gods, including yours. I have weighed the evidence (or lack thereof); the only rational conclusion is that there are no gods.

So let’s take up your claim: Many witnesses recorded the words and actions of Jesus. There are only four accounts of Jesus’s life, and they contradict each other. The Gospels were written decades after the events they supposedly describe; that’s hardly authoritative. So tell me, please, where are these many eyewitness accounts?

6. Earl says:

I will “burn in hell for not being a Muslim”?

That’s a chance I am willing to take. Whatever I get, at least I am doing it for the right reasons. And hey, wherever I am going, Jesus will be there, too! What do the muslims say about Jesus? They say a lot!

Did you know that the muslim text, the Qur’an, states that Jesus went up to Heaven, just like the bible says?

Here are some bits from Wikipedia:

In Islam, Jesus is called in Arabic: Isá or Yasu.

Jesus is considered to be a Messenger of God and the Masih (Messiah).

The belief in Jesus is required in Islam, and a requirement of being a Muslim.

The Qur’an mentions Jesus twenty-five times, more often, by name, than Muhammad!

The Qur’an states that Jesus was born to Mary as the result of virginal conception, a miraculous event which occurred by the decree of God.

The Qur’an admits that Jesus performed miracles (such as healing the blind and bringing dead people back to life).

Muslims believe that Jesus will return to earth near the day of judgment to restore justice and to defeat Masih ad-Dajjal (”the false messiah”, also known as the anti-Christ). Make certain you are on the right side, my friend.

The muslim “prophet” Muhammad died about 1,400 years ago, apparently from a virus, with his corpse buried in a tomb in Saudi Arabia. Ironically, muslims believe that Jesus is still alive and will return from Heaven. Hey, that’s what Christians believe, too!

The Qur’an gives yet another compelling testimony for Jesus. I’ll take my chances with Jesus.

7. John says:

If you “decide” to be believe anything because of “the odds” of “taking a chance” of believing the wrong thing, you don’t really believe. And so it’s a waste of time to “decide” or to argue for what is “true”. It must be true to you or it is a put-on sham of a belief, sort of like an offshore savings account to avoid taxes and domestic collapse in the worst case.

For me, the notion of a god who could, but won’t reveal himself to all in an unambiguous way, but culls out non-believers for eternal punishment, it just isn’t a good god. It’s a devious, trickster god who apparently prefers to damn most of his creations. I don’t think that the entity that created the entire universe did all that just to play mind games with the likes of us.

8. Earl says:

Hello, thank you for visiting. My analogy of a bad bet was intended for unbelievers, not believers. I believe (I tell myself “I know”) that Jesus was the Son of God. Jesus himself died on a cross for what he “believed”. But then, he was also resurrected and he lives today and will return.

A trickster god? I struggled with your same doubts for many years, so I know what you feel. I wish someone could have explained this to me… I understand better why the misery here takes place.

We have free will. We can choose good or evil. God does not tolerate any evil in his universe, the one called Heaven. I also do not want to live forever in a universe of evil, so I am happy that he is preventing evil from coming along with us. So, we are here, in this universe, to prove if we are good enough to enter Heaven. This place is also school for us, to train us how to behave forever in Heaven and to teach us why we need God.

What is the test? It’s one question:

Do you love Jesus, the Son of God?

This is an amazing test when you stop and think about it. Most people cannot love someone they have never met. Many people will envy Jesus, which will keep them from loving him. But creation belongs to him. To envy the Creator is to be at war with him. To love the Creator is to be at peace with him.

If I can love someone, whom I have never met, whom I am willing to die for, then that should prove to God that I have a good heart. He promises us that he will allow us into Heaven if you can love his Son. If you love Jesus, you also believe he is real. And that is how we pass this test, as Jesus said, “…every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.” [John 6:40 KJV]

People who have no love in their heart cannot love Jesus. They fail the test. We must not let haters into Heaven.

If you ever read the first four books of the New Testament, and see what Jesus taught, you might consider him to be a hero and an amazing teacher. This world, for the most part, has ignored his teaching, thus we are now in a miserable world. The world is now full of the anti-christ spirit.

If I may help you in any way, please let me know.

Book of John

Peace to you.

9. Mushet says:

Your page is excellent and you are so right: The Lord Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and the ONLY Savior. He Himself said He is the ONLY WAY: John 14:6. People who are not saved often become so angry when the Lord Jesus is mentioned as the Savior and Lord and yet these same people abuse His Name as a curse word and cuss His Name taking it in vain.

If atheism is true, and Jesus is NOT God and Heaven and Hell do not exist, why do atheists get so angry and enraged when a born again believer tells them they are headed for Hell if they refuse Jesus? The fact is that the Word of God is sharper than a two-edged sword, piercing into the very spirit and soul of the person. They are convicted.

I agree that the Koran is false and so are other religious books. The Bible is not a religious book. The Book is scientifically and mathematically-proven by scores of evidences, prophecies, history and science facts revealed before they took place or were discovered. The odds against such things being manmade or by random chance are so huge that it is essentially not possible. Any professional gambler would NOT bet AGAINST these same odds.

Atheists and other unsaved people cannot get around the prophecies of the Bible and the Lord Jesus. They try all sorts of mind-games that do not fit.

May as many of these people be saved as possible.

10. Earl says:

Thanks. I agree with your points, especially how the bible is not man-made. And why do Atheists get so angry?

God’s word commands us: “Do violence to no man.” (Luke 3:14 KJV) A true Christian will not hurt an Atheist. Atheists should be happy that we believe in Jesus. Atheists are safe around followers of Jesus. We should be harmless as doves. (Matthew 10:16 KJV)

11. Hi Loser says:

I am an atheist because I think it is the truth. If there is a god and he is just, he will let me into heaven because I live a goog life. If god condems me to hell purely because I am an atheist, regardless of whether I am good or evil, he is unjust and I refuse to worship him.

12. Earl says:

I understand that you refuse to worship a god that would send you to hell because you believe he does not exist. The bible confirms what you say. The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence. [Psalms 115:17] That makes sense, right? How could you worship the LORD if you are dead? Regardless of the existence of any god, surely you agree that all of us have to die some time. The bible addresses this fact.

“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment…” Hebrews 9 : 27 KJV

The bible says there is a day of judgment and there is a way out of the punishment for our own willful sins. You might think you live a good life, but you are still in your sin. Some of the sins include: envy, covetousness, lying about others, theft, killing, idolatry, and adultery. Since God is real, it is also a sin to use his name in vain, it is a sin to worship other gods that are no gods, and it is a sin to bow down to idols. I am glad to serve a God that is against sin. He is a just God. And God is love.

If we accept Jesus as our Lord, he will help us achieve eternal bliss. “Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.” [1 John 4 : 17]. I would rather answer to the Lord Jesus than any man. Jesus is The mighty God, the Prince of Peace, and The everlasting Father, and because of envy, the Jews sought to kill him. God gave you free will. If you refuse to love him or worship him, that is your choice. He wants us to love him, and he loved us first, and that is why Jesus humbled himself, to come to earth in the form of a man; he was raised from the dead and ascended up above all things.

Would you rather worship an alien? Would you rather worship a beast? Or would you rather worship money? I would rather worship the true God that is not of this world. His name is Jesus and he came not to condemn us, but to save us.

13. Peggy says:

I think it is so ironic that unbelievers are often the most mean spirited in their condemnation of those who believe. They often project their feelings on believers by mocking them and attributing to them the hatred that they feel for those who believe. Believers in Christ do not hate unbelievers. They feel sorry for them and want to share the good news.